Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Suffering and Grace

written by Cindy

Suffering and Grace

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
When you go through hard times in your life view them as God's grace.
1 Peter 2:19-21 says "For whenever anyone bears the pain of unjust suffering because of consciousness of God, that is a grace. But what credit is there if you are patient when beaten for doing wrong? But if you are patient when you suffer for doing what is good, this is a grace before God. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his footsteps."
From these verses in 1 Peter you see that when you suffer through hard times it is really an act of grace from God. Not something God is putting you through to be mean. This you should be grateful for. People can't always realize the amount of grace they have in their lives. You may think you don't have any, but take a minute or two to think back to any pain, challenging times, or suffering you went through in your past. Surely you have some. Those are God's grace in your life. Everyone has God's grace, but not everyone can see it.
I never use to view my sufferings as a grace from God, but now I see past that "wall" that has been in my life. All my life I saw my sufferings as something that held me back from the world and from having true spirituality. There was always this "wall" between me and God and I could never see beyond it. The pain and misery I went through all my life, along with how and where I grew up was the maker of this mighty wall in my life. After reading those verses in 1 Peter my life changed. It was the first time that I saw all the grace I had in my life all along. Now that I have recognized these hard times as God's grace, I am able to see past this wall. Therefore, I have a chance to have a closer more intimate relationship with the wonderful Savior that is beyond the wall. This helps me to move forward in my life and it will help you too. These types of "walls" are present in quite a few people's lives. Not everyone knows how to see beyond it and need a little help. So I'm here to help anyone see the wonderful things on the other side of this wall that is present in your life.
In 1 Peter 2:20, Peter asks about being patient when you are beaten for doing wrong. The second half of that verse states that by being patient when you suffer for doing good things than this is a grace before God. You should live to do good things and even though people may criticize you, you must know that your actions are a grace before God. These suffering and hard times is the presence of God's grace. Isn't that wonderful? When you finally view your pain and suffering as God's grace and you sincerely believe in your heart that it is His grace, then so many wonderful things will open up in your life.

After having help to realize my pain was the grace of God my life changed dramatically. I see things differently now. I see almost everything as a gift or grace from God. Sure I still struggle and I don't always see things this way at first, but I just take a minute or two and think about God and what He does for me then it's clear that it is truly a gift or grace from God. Your pain and suffering aka the wall make you a stronger person. Some people may think not but when you see your pain as God's grace don't you become a stronger Christian? Which makes you a stronger person? And aren't you stronger as a person because now it's not pain in your life its grace? 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 supports my statement of being stronger. Those verses say "but he said to me, 'my grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.' I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore, I am content with my weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong." When you sin and are weak and suffering then you are actually strong. Be confident in your weaknesses and sufferings cause God has given them to you for a reason. Whether it be to teach you something or make you realize something in your life, it has a purpose. Once you learn of the grace in your life grow in it, live in it, experience it, and never let God's grace go. This grace helps give you eternal life. Go out and tell others of your realization of the wonderful Father's grace in hopes that they discover it themselves also.

Now back to this "wall," if you never see beyond it then you will never fully experience God's grace, love, mercy, and many other wonderful things He brings to your life. When you come to the realization that there is a wall between you and God then at that moment you need to turn to God. Let Him know of your discovery and if you believe and really have your heart set on what's beyond the wall, then ask Him to guide you. He loves for His children to talk to Him so go ahead, make your relationship with Christ stronger. You have nothing to lose, only a million things to gain! Once you pass over that wall you will be grateful to God that He helped you get beyond it. Nothing is possible without God! Absolutely nothing! God is in total control!
Just always remember Jesus suffered and died on the cross for you and He always saw His Father's grace and never doubted Him one bit. You shouldn't either. Accept you sufferings and pains as His grace. You will see the magic.
Amen.

No comments: